Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Blog Design!

I'm really new with all this blog stuff and although the basic templates that blogger has are fine, I just wanted something a little more "hip"! I found this awesome blog site from one of my friend's blogs. There are all kinds of free blog backgrounds and they are so cute! You can click on her button that is at the top left hand side of my blog. It is called Aqua Poppy Designs.

I was very excited and pleased with myself when I finally figured out how to get the background to work. I will be honest, I didn't figure it out on my own. I had to contact the blog owner, and she very graciously pointed me in the direction of "the directions!" But, with her help, I figured it out and I have a new blog design. I hope you like it. It was hard to choose as she has many great options!

And this last part has nothing to do with my new blog design, but I thought I would share that we found out today that our lab will have to have surgery. While pheasant hunting with my husband a few weeks ago, he fetched a bird and came running back on only 3 legs. He wouldn't put any weight on one of his back legs. After 1 vet trip, then monitoring him for almost 2 weeks to see if he would heal, and then another vet trip today, we found out that he did tear his ACL and will have to have surgery. We haven't scheduled his surgery date yet, but when I know more, I'll update you again. Poor doggy isn't going to like the 8 weeks of recovery that will require him to stay in his kennel! But, he'll get better and will have many years of hunting ahead of him!

1 comment:

  1. Love Aqua Poppy & the new design!
    I'm so sorry to hear about Maverick, I hope he recovers fast & feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete