Thursday, December 30, 2010

ACL Surgery!

Today is the big surgery day! No, I didn't get injured while running (knocking on wood that I don't). Our black lab, Maverick, is the one who has to have surgery. I dropped him off at the vet this morning on my way to work and the poor guy had no idea what was going to happen to him. He was just happy that he got to take a ride in Mom's car!

Maverick went on a pheasant hunting trip with his dad a little over a month ago. That is where he hurt his knee. After one vet trip, we watched him to see if it got better after 10 days (it didn't), then another vet trip and an exam, the conclusion was that he tore his ACL. One option was taking him to K-State to have the surgery, but with that being farther away and having to make several trips out there, we decided to have our vet do it. He is a great vet and highly recommended, plus it is more convenient and less traveling for us and Maverick.

I will try to be patient throughout this day until I get the call this afternoon saying everything went well. I'm not great at being patient about things like this, but I'll keep myself busy and thinking of other things as much as I can! Just wanted to include a picture of him hunting ducks on the river a year or two ago. He loves to hunt with his dad and only being 5 years old, it was very important for us to get him as good as new. That way him and his dad can have many more years of hunting together!


I will make sure to give an update once we are able to bring him home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment