Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2011 Goal!

I know what you’re thinking. There is still a month left in 2010 and why am I talking about 2011 goals? Don’t people wait until at least halfway into January to talk about goals for the New Year? Well, yes, they do. And I’m no different...usually. I’m not much of a New Year’s resolution type of person. I always think about setting some goals but hardly ever write them down. And guess what? If you don’t write down your goals, you very rarely meet them!

My #1 goal right now should be getting my Christmas shopping finished, but for some reason, I can’t quite get into the spirit. But today is Dec. 1st, so I’ll work on that Christmas spirit in my spare time! Now back to the issue at hand.

First off, I love the show Biggest Loser. I have watched almost every season and it is definitely a show that can get me to cry almost every time. I just love seeing the journey that the contestants go through to reach their weight loss goals. And to see the physical, mental and emotional transformation they make is just inspiring. I was watching the “Where are they now” episode last week and one of the former contestants mentioned that she had competed in 8 races that year (a combination of all different distances). That got me thinking.....

I am already registered for a 10K in January and a Marathon Relay in May (I’m running one of the 7 mile legs). Although I am not registered yet, I am training to run a half marathon in April. So that is 3 races already. I did a couple races in 2010, but my main focus was getting married and all that goes along with that. So I think 2011 might be the year of races for me! It might also make for some interesting blog posts on how the training and the races are going. So here is my goal and you all can help make sure I reach that goal:

Compete in 10 races in 2011 with a mixture of different distances.

I already have a 10K, a 7 miler and a half marathon in the works. I could throw in some 5K’s, some other 10K’s and just have a full race schedule! So, who’s with me? Do you want to set a goal of a specific number of races completed in 2011? We can keep each other motivated and accountable to reach our goals!

Note to self: I know while I have set this goal, I should probably go ahead and set some other goals for 2011, but 1 is good for now. I’ll have to think of some others to add to the list. Maybe I’ll do an actual New Year’s Resolutions post after I get through the Christmas season!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great goal!! You'll have to do the 5K in June here again, so that would be another :) I can think of 6 right off the top of my head that I am planning, so finding 4 more shouldn't be too hard, count me in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to follow your journey as your accomplish your goals! I love BL too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete