Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year...New Resolutions

I've said it before...I usually don't make new year's resolutions. But I'm feeling all resolution-y today! I know that resolution-y isn't a word, but it sounded fun. :) And I know I said back in this post, that I would maybe write a New Year's Resolution post. Well, here is what I am going to work toward in 2011! In 2010, my free time was pretty much spent planning our wedding, and I loved every second of it! After the wedding and honeymoon, I wanted to get back into running and I wanted to have something to spend my free time on. So, that's where these resolutions come into play.

#1: Register for and run in at least 10 races in 2010. All different distances, with at least one being a half marathon. I am currently registered for a 5K, 10K, half marathon and a marathon relay where I will run a 7 mile leg.

#2: Run at least 1000 miles this year (5 done today, so only 995 to go)! This is a goal I have seen others make, but I have never thought about the mileage I do in a whole year. I originally put 900 as my goal, but I kept thinking...why 900? Probably because I'm too scared to put 1000. Well, I might have been scared at first, but I'm challenging myself and putting 1000! If I make that goal...great! If I don't, I'll just try for it in 2012! You know that quote that goes something like this: "Reach for the moon and even if you miss, you will be among the stars"? Well, even if I miss my goal of 1000, wherever I land will be an accomplishment in itself!

#3: Work on speed more in 2012. I don't yet know how I'm going to do it. I'll have to do some research, and if you have any suggestions or websites to help me, share them please!

#4: Grow as a blogger in 2011. I've only been blogging for a couple months and I really enjoy it! Way more than I thought I would when I first started.

#5: Book a trip for our first anniversary! With both my husband and myself being so busy, I want to make sure we follow through with our plans of going on a trip for our first anniversary! Any trip ideas? Send them my way as we still haven't decided where we'll go.

#6: Do everything in my power to make sure Maverick's ACL surgery recovery goes well. Since his full recovery will take 4 months (and that is 1/3 of the year), I am putting this as a resolution as well. The vet does his part by doing the surgery, but it is up to my husband and I to take the time to get him healed and then take the time to get him through his rehab. He is such a great hunting dog that I want him and his Dad to be able to do that again next year without him being in any pain!

So there are 6 resolutions/goals for me to work toward this year (6 more than I usually do). I'll update my progress along the way. That way you'll know how I'm doing, and you can help keep me accountable! Do you have any New Year's resolutions? Do you make it a tradition to make them every year? Whatever you do, resolutions or not, make 2011 a great year and do what makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment