Monday, January 3, 2011

HBBC Virtual New Year's Day Race 2011

Amanda, over at Run to the Finish, put together the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge that I talked about in this post. Jan 1st was the beginning of the last week in the challenge. I am a numbers person, and I love spreadsheets and love to "track" things! Plus, I love to run, so I signed up for the challenge right away. I have enjoyed participating and pushing myself to earn those points!

As a way for the participants to earn extra points, she put together a Resolution Fun Run for New Year's Day. The run was taking place in Miami, but for those of us not actually there, we could do the run virtually. What better way to start the new year than with a run, right? I did wait until about 4 pm when it was warmer (if you know me, you know I hate the cold). She didn't have a set distance that the run was going to be, but had people do whatever distance they felt like doing. I originally thought I would do 4 miles, but after about a half mile, I decided I would go 5. With the route I had, it actually ended up being 5.3 miles. My time was 52:50 with a pace of 9:59. I loved having a "race" to do on New Year's Day since there weren't any official ones in my area!

Below is my Daily Mile race report from the Virtual Race:
Race Report


My Race Bib

Me after my race

1 comment: