Monday, January 17, 2011

Relax, Race, Recover

So this is a 3 part catch-up post. I seriously meant to post this past weekend, but I was honestly too busy relaxing to post. Well, not totally relaxing since I did a 7 mile run on Saturday, I cleaned the house, and my husband and I had a couple (or three) date nights. So not all relaxing, but I was relaxing away from the computer. And when you're at a computer all week like I am, it's nice to take a break!

Part 1: Relax: My husband and I rarely get a weekend off together, but this past weekend we did. We went out to dinner with some friends on Friday and planned on going to a movie after dinner. But, with the waiting for a table and all the good catching up we were doing, we missed the movie. But that was fine, because the conversation was way better than any movie! On Saturday we slept in a little, I went on my 7 mile run while he slept some more, and then we went to dinner just the two of us. Then on Sunday, we had a nice lunch out before running errands and then he made chili, which made for a yummy dinner while watching a Netflix movie. We watched The Lovely Bones. I won't say it was a great movie because it was totally not what I was expecting, but it was good. Glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater though! After writing that paragraph, it doesn't sound like the most relaxing weekend, but we had fun anyway!

Part 2: Race: The Race part of the title wasn't in reference to the 7 miler I did on Saturday, but refers to this coming Saturday and the first race of 2011 for me! I am heading to Houston to see my friend, Sara, and her beautiful new baby girl! I came across the Rockets Run 5K and decided that I should do it! Warmer climate + running outside in January = perfect! My Saturday run is actually supposed to be 8 miles, so I'll switch my 3 mile run day on Thursday with the Saturday run to make up for it. I'll give you an update after the race of course!

Part 3: Recover: Our lab, Maverick, is recovering well from his ACL surgery that I posted about HERE. He got his stitches out last Friday and his incision looks great! We now have 6 weeks left of keeping him inactive. He is feeling much better and is wanting to walk on his leg, so the hard part is for us keeping him from doing that as much as possible. He stays in his kennel when we're not home, but we do let him lay on his big fluffy pillow when we are home and are able to monitor him. I'm hoping these next 6 weeks go by fast. Once they are over, we will start 8 weeks of physical therapy with him to get him back to normal!

I am excited that I only have 3 more days of work this week and have a nice 3 day weekend coming up! I hope everyone enjoys their week! What do you have going on this week and weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Have fun the weekend, sounds like a great time! Glad to hear Maverick is doing well.

    ReplyDelete