Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dear Ol' Man Winter: GO AWAY!

Yesterday afternoon, I ran 6.25 miles outside in shorts and a t-shirt. It was somewhere around 60 degrees and it was amazing!

And this is what it was like tonight when I got home from work:

Seriously? Snow again? Don't get me wrong, I love the snow for a very big reason: snow skiing! But if I'm not skiing, I don't really want it here. A couple snow storms during winter is fine, but I've had enough of it this winter! And I think it's even worse because we've had some really amazing and beautiful days. I feel like Spring is teasing me with nice days here and there where I can run outside. And then it is taken away! But, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll just make the best of it.

A couple days ago, it was a little colder, but I was still able to run outside. I had some new gear that I wanted to try out, so the colder weather was perfect. Here I am after my run:

Yes, I realize that nothing about my outfit matches (even my husband pointed that out to me)! The bright orange Vizipro jacket, the black and yellow Livestrong shorts, the black and blue Amp Pro2 tights and even though you can't see it, I do have a bright pink Sweaty Band on. But, it wasn't about matching. It was about trying out my new jacket and my new tights. The company I work for is owned by the same company that owns Saucony. The fitness center at my office is appropriately named the Saucony Center. And at Saucony, they run! And they have great shoes and great gear!

I wanted to try some of their compression tights, so I chose these HERE. It was only a 4 mile run, but my legs did feel great and the fit is really great as well. And then I got this jacket HERE that I have been eyeing for quite some time! It is really lightweight and it is water resistant, so it would be great if it is raining. It does come with a USB_LED light, but I didn't take it with me this run. The ViZiPRO line is so visible and is just an extra safety measure for running outside. I do run on the sidewalk when I can, but sometimes I can't avoid running in the street, so the better cars can see me, the safer I am! And the reflective strips work great, as you can see in the picture!

So even though my outfit didn't match, I ran at a faster pace than normal. So "Yay" for the new gear! And I can't wait for the weather to get nice so that I can hit the pavement again!

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly! I was so bummed to wake up to another foot of snow this morning. Tired of it taking me 20 minutes to get layered up enough to run outside, and another 20 peel off all the layers when I return home. My laudry room is draped with running tights, and every other layer of clothing drying for the next run. I'm so ready for a simple pair of shorts and a tank top.

    Also, I love compression tights. I run in CWX but I'm thinking of getting saucony recovery tights. It's good to hear you like their product.

    oh, and nice job on improving your pace. New gear seems to make me run faster too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. We got a little taste of spring and then more snow. I'm ready for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! i guess 6 months isn't HUGE, but i thought it was at least cool that i remembered. : )we're done with snow (i think) in tennessee, but we had some for a while. i hate the treadmill, but that's what i've been dealing with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tights, I keep thinking my knee would really like me to get a pair, but I haven't yet.

    Hope you are enjoying some warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete