Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Headbands and a Great Cause!

As some of you may know, I trained for my first half marathon through Team in Training. They are an amazing organization that raises money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society while helping people train for endurance events. I raised $3900 in 2008 while training for the Nike Womens Half Marathon in San Francisco. I had a friend in high school who lost his battle with leukemia and I ran in memory of him and the many others who have been affected by those diseases.

I was catching up on some blogs and came across a post about someone raising money through Team in Training. Bethanye has to raise $2500 and has started making her own no-slip headbands to reach her fundraising goal. Go check out her fundraising page HERE, and help her raise money for Team in Training! I ordered 3 headbands and absolutely LOVE them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment